ID Card Section/DEERS - Cannon

  • Cannon AFB110 Alison Ave, Bldg 600, Cannon AFB, NM
Add Photo
Add Review
Get Directions
  • Mon
    0730 - 1500
    0730 - 1500
    0730 - 1500
    0730 - 1500
    0730 - 1500
  • Hours Info
    Walk-ins Mon-Fri 0730-1300, Appts 1300-1500. Closed Federal Holidays, Down Days and Training Days

The ID Card Section at Cannon AFB can help you with ID, Passport, CAC and DEERS issues.

Cancel/Reschedule Appointment
Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page. If you are more than ten minutes late for your appointment you will be considered as a no show.

Walk In Customers
Walk-ins are allowed for adding a newborn child and pin resets. All other walk ins are upon availability. Wait times for walk in customers may exceed 1-2 hours. To avoid an excessive wait, please schedule an appointment

All customers who are age 21 and older must have two forms of ID to recieve a new ID card. One must be an unexpired stat/government issued photo ID.

Dependent ID Card
A DD FORM 1172 is required for all dependent ID cards. The sponsor may sign one in the DEERS Office or go online to to digitally sign the DD Form 1172. In lieu of the above, a Power of Attorney is acceptable.

PIN Reset
Pin Resets do not require an appointment. The process takes approximately 30 Seconds to 1 Minute.

Lost/Stolen ID Card
Customers whose CAC is lost/stolen will need a letter from their Command Sponsoring Agency (First Shirt, Trusted Agent) which states the CAC has been reported lost/stolen prior to receiving a new CAC and two forms of ID.

Lost/Stolen ID card (Dependents/Retirees)
MP/Police Report/Statement describing the date, place and circumstances of the loss or theft. Sponsor must be present or Family member must have an original unexpired Power of Attorney.

Marriage Update
Marriage Updates must schedule for two consecutive times. The process takes approximately 40 Minutes to complete. Documents that are required for both Military and Civilian Spouses are: Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, SSAN Card

Divorce Update
To update a Divorce, the sponsor needs to bring in the Divorce Decree. The process takes approximately 20 Minutes. The sponsor will also update their SGLI.

Newborn Update
Appointments are not required for Newborn Updates. The child does not have to accompany the sponsor. The documents that are required are either the Proof of Birth letter from the Hospital, or the Birth Certificate. The Social Security Card is required

Adding a child (For an unmarried father)
Either Court Order verifying the Sponsor is the Father of the Child or a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity (VAP)(Picked up at any hospital), Cert of Live Birth (up to 60 days) or Birth Cert and SSN card.

Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity (VAP)
Only Sponsor can enroll the child. Medical starts the day the VAP is presented. VAP must be signed by mother. Sponsor must sign in front of Notary (DoD Policy). No exceptions.

Adding a Step-Child
Present: Marriage Certificate (even if presented before), Child's Birth Certificate and SSN card.

Full Time College Student
Present: Letter from Registrar or web enrollment form( full-time status at an accreditated school, in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Must be dependent on the Member for 50% or more support.

Tricare Young Adult
Sign up with your local Tricare Contractor, once your medical card has been received in the mail you can bring your dependent in for their ID card.

If you are about to Retire, present your Retirement order and 2 valid unexpired forms of ID. If you are Retired and your medical on the back of the ID card is about to expire, bring your recently issued Medicare card in order to update.

Res Retireees turning 60 yrs of age
Present: 20 Year Letter dated recent of your 60th Birthday. The letter must state you are Approved for Retired Pay.

100% Rated Disabled Veterans
Present: DD Form 214, Birth Cert, SSN card & Letter stating member is rated 100% disabled and eligible for Commissary/Exchange/MWR. Adding spouse, see section above and bring all appropriate documents.

Questions/Concerns/Customer Satisfaction
If you wish to contact our office please call: 575-784-4933; 575-784-6461; 575-784-6332. If you wish to complete a survey please copy and past the link:*DoD

Source: RAPIDS


Default Base Info & Duty Officers
View All Photos

Leave a Review

Terrible! Avoid!
Not great
Pretty average
It was good
Awesome! Love it!

3 Reviews

  1. I am trying to update dependent id cards. the RAPIDS website isn't working. I am trying to electronically sign the 1172 form. can not find the correct phone number

  2. I need to get new IDs for my family, however, the phone constany do I get help?

  3. How can one get help when noone in the ID section won't answer the phone