ID Card Office
ID Card Office at USCG Air Station Cape Cod Servicing Personnel Office maintains a Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification Card System (RAPIDS) site ready to issue identification cards to active duty, reserve and retired members of the armed forces and their qualified dependents. The office maintains the capability to update DEERS information and reset Common Access Card (CAC) pin numbers using this automated process.
Acceptable Forms of ID
FOR ALL ID CARDS, BRING TWO FORMS OF ID TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. Acceptable ID: Military ID, Drivers License, Social Security Card, U.S. or Foreign Passport, any local, state, or federal issued government ID.
ALL ID CARDS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
No appointment is required for CAC PIN Resets and adding newborn children. Please come in during business hours for assistance.
Please bring your Sponsor
SPONSOR MUST BE PRESENT FOR ISSUANCE OF ALL DEPENDENT ID CARDS.
To add a Spouse
- U.S. Marriage Certificate or Translated Foreign Marriage Certificate - Social Security Card - Birth Certificate - Divorce Decree if previously Married
To add a Legitimate Child
- Birth Certificate or Hospital Proof of Birth - Social Security Card *Must be provided within 90 days of entry into DEERS or coverage will be suspended
To add an Adopted Child:
- Final Adoption Decree - Birth Certificate - Social Security Card
To add a Step Child
- Birth Certificate - Social Security Card - Marriage Certificate
To add an Illegitimate Child
- If mother has custody – Birth Certificate and Social Security Card -If father has custody – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Proof of Paternity -If father does not have custody: Support Statement, Birth Certificate, and Social Security C
To add a Legal Ward
- Birth Certificate - Court Order of Legal Custody for no less than 12 months - Approved Dependency determination from Legal
To add an Incapacitated Child
- Birth Certificate - Medical Sufficiency Statement or Physician’s Statement - Favorable Dependency Determination
To add a Full Time Student (21-23 Years Old)
- Letter from school stating student is full time and estimated graduation date
To add a TRICARE Young Adult Child (21-26 Years)
- Contact TRICARE to enroll in TRICARE Young Adult Program - Once enrolled, provide Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Photo ID - For more information contact your local TRICARE office
To add 100% Disabled American Veterans
- DD Form 214 - Letter from VA Stating 100% disabled veteran status with honorable discharge
LOST/STOLEN CAC CARDS
If you lost your CAC card, you will need to bring a memo from your command stating when and where your CAC card was lost. For stolen CAC cards, bring a copy of the police report.